Structural & Ducting Engineer
SPG Dry Cooling is a leading full-line and full-service air-cooled condensers manufacturer. For more than a century, we have provided exceptional quality equipment and service to the power generation and industrial plants in coal, oil & gas, cogeneration, biomass, solar and geothermal applications worldwide. With technology that provides true operating value to the owner, our commitment to the industry is to continue to innovate and introduce cutting edge products and systems.
This position’s primary purpose is to provide design of metallic structures, piping and ducting for our Air-Cooled Condensers and ensures the complete satisfaction of customers, both internal and external, which requires a technical service response. There is no professional experience required.
- Provide correct design & calculations of metallic structures (including connections), piping and ducting and to ensure their conformity with client specifications.
- Issue the design notes in conformity with the applicable codes and standards.
- Design, review, check and approve the drawings.
- Analyse & manage the technical difficulties met with the manufacturing and erection companies as well the eventual claims with clients and to try to bring the appropriate solutions.
- Participate in selection of different technical solutions proposed by the design office.
- Supervise works, reports and studies outsourced to specialized companies.
- Establish technical follow-up and co-ordination between the different stakeholders & partners (design office, manufacturing and erection companies, …).
- As part of a team, both internally with other functions and externally with the customer, participate to derive a cost-effective means of (new) product design.
- Knowledge of calculation softwares and CAD environments (Robot, ESA-PrimaWin, StaadPro, Algor, …)
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of and strong interest in methods of calculations for structural steel and vessels using international software/codes
- Ability to liaise effectively, work in team with and build bridges between other departments
- Ability to think “out of the box”
- Master’s Degree in Civil or Industrial Engineering
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Continuous Improvement
- Initiating Action
- Contributing To Team Success
- Managing Work
- Continuous Learning
You will work in a small, dynamic and agile international enterprise with highly talented colleagues. We’ll offer you a comfortable compensation package with good benefits and the opportunity to grow and develop in your skills, competencies and career.