Ain Beni Mathar
SPG Dry Cooling SRC® technology Air Cooled Condenser designed and
manufactured for Ain Beni Mathar integrated Solar Combined Cycle
Power Plant. The Power Plant operates 470 Megawatts, the maximum
power which it has been designed to generate and it produces more
than 3 800GW/h of electricity annually.
- Ain Beni Mathar is a hybrid plant -
Integrated Solar Combined-Cycle (ISCC)
technology combining the benefits of solar
energy with the benefits of a combined
cycle. The solar resource partially
substitutes the fossil fuel.
- The project consists of a 470 MW hybrid
power plant composed of a combined
cycle and a 20 MW solar thermal system.
The Power Plant is designed to produce
over 3 800GW/h of electricity annually.
- The main novelty of the project is the
hybrid technology, a perfect combination
of innovation and sustainability. It
consists of a solar field of parabolic trough
collectors (CCPs) with a useful reflective
area of 183 000 m² and a capacity to
- The remaining 450MW is generated by
the combined cycle technology. It is
composed of: 2 gas turbines (150MW
each), a 170MW steam turbine (including
150 MW generated by the combined cycle
and 20MW generated by the previously
mentioned solar field energy), recovery
boilers and an aero-condenser operated
as the main equipment.
- Minimal water consuming SPG Dry Cooling Air Cooled Condenser
- Environmental regulations for water saving
- Environmental regulations, limiting the temperature increase in rivers and seaside
- Renewable sources
- The Concentrated Solar Power plant of Ain Beni Mathar is now supplying electricity to the Moroccan grid, but could even export its green electricity to Europe.
- This plant uses a cutting edge design, combining a large array of 224 parabolic mirror collectors, concentrating sun energy and boosting the steam output needed to produce electricity in this 470MW facility.
- Ain Beni Mathar plant provides solar electricity produced with low CO2 emissions.
- High performance dry cooling condenser without the need of water in an arid area and integrated in an environment-friendly power plant.
- By integrating thermal solar technology, this plant avoids annual emissions of about 33.000 tons of CO2 and it saves natural gas.
- Using Dry Cooling Technology also reduces water consumption by 5 million cubic meters per year meaning water savings of 80%.
- The largest ISCC plant in the world has been completed and handed over successfully to the client.
- Guaranteed high performance taking into account: time of the year, direct normal irradiation, ambient air temperature, relative humidity, ambient pressure, wind speed, wind direction.
Proactive partnership, intense and close technical collaboration and tailor-made planning of works.
Ain Beni Mathar
- Client Ain Beni Mathar Power Plant
- Country Morocco
- Application Solar
- MegaWatt 470 MW
- Product A-frame Air Cooled Condensers
Interested in a similar solution?
Looking for more information or a personalized quote? Contact us directly or fill in the form.